For truck drivers looking for a decent meal, a place to shower and do laundry, or a safe place to park and sleep, not all truck stops are created equal. Just as many of us like checking the ratings on restaurants or hotels before we visit, truck drivers may also wish to ensure that they know the cleanest and safest stop with the most amenities before they hit the road.
Earlier this year, Hale Trailer published its annual Top 15 Best Truck Stops in America list. The ratings are arrived at using a number of factors, including online reviews from Yelp, Google, and Tripadvisor; food offerings; the proximity to national monuments and other points of interest; and amenity offerings, including showers, truck wash, laundromats, gyms, Wi-Fi connectivity, and other features.
Here are the top 15 truck stops based on their ranking.
- Iowa 80 – Walcott, IA. Score: 4.90. The “world’s largest truck stop” offers ample parking, hospitality, food choices, and even bonus amenities such as a movie theater, a pet wash, and a truck museum.
- Kenly 95 Petro – Kenly, NC. Score: 4.75: The largest truck stop on the East Coast recently added an additional 23,000 square feet of space. It offers fleet fuel and wash programs, a “truckomat” to wash trucks, a truck service center, a dinner den, and more.
- Flynn’s Truck Plaza – Shrewsbury, MA. Score: 4.35. This stop offers a wide range of truck and driver-related services, including 24/7 fueling with on-call repair and tire service, as well as Transflo Scanning of paperwork.
- Busy Bee Travel Center – Live Oak, FL. Score: 4.05. In addition to a popular gift shop, this stop provides 24-hour access to fuel and multiple private bathrooms maintained to high standards. It features a variety of fast-food choices as well as CAT scales.
- Big Horn Travel Center – Fort Worth, TX. Score: 3.95. This stop is known for its spotless restrooms with multiple popular restaurant options in its food court.
- Keystone Restaurant & Truck Stop – Loretto, PA. Score: 3.80. The facility is described as a cozy stop with a convenience store, deli, and trailer drop as well as showers.
- Jubitz Travel Center – Portland, OR. Score: 3.65. The center offers 27 acres of services, including fuel onsite, grill restaurants for homestyle cooking, and live music on weekends. There is a 100-room hotel onsite.
- I-40 Travel Center – Ozark, AR. Score: 3.55. This is a 24-hour travel center with a restaurant that specializes in comfort food.
- South of the Border – Hamer, SC. Score: 3.4. Popular with casual travelers as well as truck drivers, the facility is described as a clean, fun, and safe space for travelers wherever they’re going.
- Dysart’s Truck Stop – Hermon, ME. Score: 3.5. This stop is a full-facility service center and offers 24/7 access to free Wi-Fi, private showers, a truckers lounge, and more.
- Beckley/Tamarack Travel Plaza – Beckley, WV. Score: 3.28. The site offers shopping and local art, as well as Appalachian cuisine and ample truck parking space.
- Little America Travel Center – Little America, WY. Score: 3.15. Offerings include bed and breakfast rooms, truck maintenance services, and ample shopping for any personal items that may be required.
- Chesapeake House Travel Plaza – Cecil County, MD. Score: 2.95. The 30,000-square-foot site has popular restaurants, a LEED Silver-certified Sunoco fueling station, parking for large vehicles, and free Wi-Fi in the indoor/outdoor seating areas.
- 301 Travel Center – Middletown, DE. Score: 2.85. The site offers a wide range of products, snacks, drinks, and groceries; CAT Scale; showers for guest use and a cafeteria/restaurant on-site.
- Noble’s Restaurant and Truck Stop – Corinth, KY. Score: 2.8. Described as a “mom-and-pop truck stop,” the site offers good meals, military discounts, and gender-neutral bathrooms.
At Status Transportation, we assign each owner-operator a dedicated freight coordinator to help them develop a business strategy to ensure their profitability. Owner-operator loads are carefully chosen to align with your strategy. We strive to build profitable partnerships by delivering the highest quality services through continuous education of employees, development of systems, and best practices. We are here to give you the support and resources you need, such as a dedicated dispatcher, fuel cards, advances, etc. Status Transportation works with the most common types of equipment such as dry vans and flatbeds.
To learn more, visit our website or call us at 407-574-7990.